Exercise 2 - Cylindrical Modeling

 

3D Modeling  

11.05.2026 

Shiqing Li / 0366582 / Bachelor of Design (Honors) in Creative Media

Exercise 2 : Cylindrical Modeling



In this exercise, I will be creating a 3D model based on cylindrical forms. The task requires selecting everyday objects that are primarily made from cylindrical shapes, such as bottles, glasses, or bowls, and arranging them into a simple composition.

The modeling process will be done in Blender using a primitive cylinder in Edit Mode. I will apply various modeling techniques such as Extrude, Bevel, Inset, and Loop Cut to shape the objects. Additionally, I will use smoothing methods and adjust edge sharpness to achieve a more realistic and refined result.

The purpose of this exercise is to strengthen my understanding of basic 3D modeling techniques, especially how complex forms can be built from simple shapes. It also helps me practice control over geometry, proportions, and surface details, which are essential skills in digital modeling.


Final Work : 



As the next step, I began by searching online for reference materials. These references mainly consist of images of the objects I plan to model, which help guide the overall shape, proportions, and details during the modeling process. By following these visual references, I can achieve a more accurate and realistic result in my work.





Next, I built my final composition by modeling three cylindrical objects based on my references. I followed a simple step-by-step process in Blender to shape and refine each object until the overall composition was complete.

After finishing the models, I set up a small scene for presentation. I arranged the objects, adjusted the camera, and prepared the lighting in order to capture the final render as an image.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog