Project 1: Hard Surface Modeling
3D Modeling
For this project, I will be creating a hard surface model by selecting an object from categories such as vehicles, machines, or other man-made designs. Hard surface modeling focuses on building objects with clean, sharp edges and structured forms, often including mechanical details like panels, seams, and geometric features.
To begin, I will search for reference images or blueprints from different views, such as front, side, and top, to better understand the object’s structure and proportions. Based on these references, I will model the object in Blender using a combination of techniques I have learned, including box modeling, beveling, creasing, and edge loop control.
After completing the model, I will apply appropriate materials and textures to enhance its appearance. I will also set up a camera and use a three-point lighting setup to properly present the model. Finally, I will render the output in 720p resolution and save the images in PNG format.
The purpose of this project is to further develop my skills in hard surface modeling, especially in handling more complex forms, improving precision, and creating visually appealing mechanical designs.
For this project, I selected a dagger as my hard surface modeling object. I chose this object because its design contains clear hard surface features, including sharp edges, structured shapes, and mechanical details that allow me to practice more advanced modeling techniques.
During the modeling process, I first collected reference images from different angles to understand the overall shape and proportions of the dagger. I started by creating the main body using basic polygon modeling techniques and gradually refined the shape by adjusting the edges, adding bevels, and creating sharper details.
After completing the main structure, I worked on adding details such as the handle design and blade shape to make the model closer to the reference. I then apply surface pngs to enhance the visual appearance and highlight the contrast between different parts of the dagger.
Finally, I arranged the camera and lighting setup to present the model clearly.
Comments
Post a Comment