Project 3 (Final)

 

3D Modeling  

01.06.2026 

Shiqing Li / 0366582 / Bachelor of Design (Honors) in Creative Media

Final Project

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nuqjpX-NbpXck8k5zUhVTfwh_y1Z6xWm?usp=drive_link

For this final project, I will be creating an organic 3D character model based on a selected character reference and model sheet. Unlike hard surface modeling, organic modeling focuses more on natural forms, smooth shapes, and character features.

I will use Blender to build the character using polygon modeling techniques learned throughout the previous exercises. After completing the model, I will apply suitable materials and textures to enhance the character’s appearance. A three-point lighting setup will also be used to present the final model clearly before rendering.

The purpose of this project is to apply my overall 3D modeling knowledge and improve my ability to create detailed character models with proper shape, form, and visual presentation.


Final Work:



For my final character model, I chose to create Usagi, a yellow long-eared rabbit-like character from Chiikawa. I selected this character because of its simple and unique design, which allows me to explore organic modeling techniques while maintaining its recognizable features.

During the modeling process, I focused on creating the character’s smooth organic forms, including the body shape, long ears, and facial details. I then applied suitable materials and colors to match Usagi’s original appearance.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog